- MCREA, incorporated in 1937, is a not-for-profit electric cooperative owned and run by the members it serves. MCREA's headquarters is located in Fort Morgan, Colorado.
- A Board of Directors is elected by our members and governs our cooperative.
- Serves 8,324 meter locations.
- Counties served: Adams, Arapahoe, Logan, Morgan, Washington and Weld.
- Towns served: Goodrich, Hoyt, Last Chance, Messex, Orchard, Prospect Valley, Roggen, Wiggins and Woodrow.
- 4,215 member-owners.
- MCREA has 40 full-time employees.
- Service area covers approximately 4,000 square miles of northeastern Colorado and is divided into three representative districts.
- Operates and maintains 2,877 miles of transmission and distribution line.
- Average 2.89 member-consumers per mile of electric line.
- Operates and maintains 20 substations.
- Wholesale power supplier: Tri-State Generation & Transmission Association, Inc.
- Number of kWh (in millions) sold for last 5 years:
*Data as of December 31, 2017