Energy Efficiency Rebates
Morgan County REA and Tri-State G&T offers our members Energy Efficiency Credits (rebates) for the installation of qualifying energy efficient electric heating/cooling, electric water heaters, electric motors, electric appliances, and LED light bulbs. The complete MCREA Energy Efficiency Credits Program with details as to what qualifies for rebates can be found at the links below:
- Must be installed on Morgan County REA lines
- Installation must be verified on site by a Morgan County REA employee within 120 days of purchase
- Dated invoice or bill of sale required
- Appliances must be Energy Star rated
- Member-owners may recycle a maximum of 2 refrigerators/freezers per year
- Program incentives subject to change from year to year
Ground Source Heat Pump
Ground source heat pumps utilize geothermal energy for heating and cooling. During cold weather, heat pumps absorb heat from the earth and carry it into the home via an underground system of closed-loop, liquid-filled pipes. The heat pump's indoor unit delivers this heat through the ductwork to every part of the house.
During the summer, the heat pump works like a central air conditioner, transferring heat from your home to the ground outside and returning cooled liquid to the inside unit.
Air Source Heat Pump
An air-source heat pump can both heat and cool your home. During winter, it uses refrigeration technology to extract heat from cold outside air (even down to zero degrees) and boosts it to a useable level to heat your home. The heat is then distributed by a forced-air furnace.
During the summer, the reverse cycle removes heat from your indoor air and expels it outside.