Application Deadline: February 17, 2023
Morgan County Rural Electric Association has once again partnered with Tri-State G&T and Basin Electric Power Cooperative in sponsoring a total of nine college or vocational scholarships for students who reside within the outer boundaries of MCREA's service territory, and whose family (parents or grandparents) receives electric service from Morgan County REA. For the 2022-2023 school year, Morgan County REA will award five (5) $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors and one (1) $1,000 scholarship to a current post-secondary student that will be returning to college or trade school. Tri-State will award two (2) $500 scholarships to graduating seniors and Basin Electric Power will award one (1) $1,000 scholarship to a graduating senior.
Applications for MCREA's 2023 scholarships will be submitted online through the cooperative's website. Only one set of application materials is necessary to apply for scholarships from all three cooperatives.
As part of the application, students must:
- Submit a personal history (not to exceed two pages) detailing school and community activities, as well as any work experience. Students who have graduated high school and are currently attending college or trade school should include activities after high school graduation only.
- Submit a student statement (not to exceed one page) outlining the student's expected field of study and any career plans.
- Graduating high school seniors - include SAT and/or ACT scores, as well as a high school transcript with the student's grade point average.
- Students who have graduated high school and are currently attending college or trade school - include most recent college transcript with the student's grade point average.
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation.
- Submit one (1) picture of yourself for publication purposes should you be awarded a scholarship.
Applicants must plan to maintain a full-time schedule in any post-secondary accredited institution which offers at least a one-year degree program.